I think it’s challenging to find just the right song for a bride’s important dance with her father. Although when I sat down to make a list, I found there are tons of great ones that are perfect for this special occasion. If you need some help use this list to get you started. Now get your love mojo going and YouTube these songs – get a tissue ready.
Top 10 Songs for the Father/Daughter Dance:
1. I Hope You Dance – LeAnn Womack
2. I’ll Stand By You – The Pretenders
3. Walk With You - Edwin McCain (seriously makes me teary eyed ~sniff~)
4. Daughters – John Mayer
5. I Loved Her First – Heartland
6. Lullabye (Goodnight My Angel) – Billy Joel
7. My Wish – Rascal Flatts
8. It Won’t Be Like This For Long – Darius Rucker
9. Dance With My Father – Luther Vandross
10. Cinderella – Steven Curtis Chapman
It’s a good thing this is only a top ten list because I’m not gonna make it through any more of these songs without crying – seriously the barista at Starbucks is starting to look at me. It really is a special moment between daughter and father as you start a new chapter of your life. Take time to go through these song suggestions if you need help choosing something special.
Do you have any favorite songs you’d like to suggest for the father/daughter dance? Leave me a message. And if you have a suggestion for next weeks top 10 list add that as well!
Happy Sunday – now go enjoy that sun!
I had to watch the new Katy Perry TGIF music video to get outta my sentimental funk! Check it out here - such a great 80′s montage!